European Federation for Colposcopy and Pathology of the Lower Genital Tract
Objectives of EFC:
- Promote the best possible standards of Colposcopy in Europe.
- To agree Minimal Standards of Training for Colposcopy in Europe.
- To agree Minimum Standards for Treatment of CIN in Europe.
- To support the International Federation for Cervical Pathology and Colposcopy (IFCPC) in its aims to promote colposcopy worldwide.
If the objectives of the EFC are achieved, the women of Europe should be guaranteed that:
- All those who practice colposcopy should have been trained to an agreed level of competence.
- Treatment of CIN should be undertaken only by those who have been properly trained in colposcopy.
- Eventually there should be in place a system of audit which will guarantee the best possible standard of colposcopy and treatment of CIN.
Professor K. Ulrich Petry
Frauenklinik im Klinikum Wolfsburg
38440 Wolfsburg, Germany
Tel: +49 5361 801270
Docteur Christine Bergeron
95066 Cergy Pontoise Cedex 9
Tel : 33(0)1-34-40-21-17
Fax : 33(0)1-34-40-20-29
Birmingham Women’s Hospital
Birmingham, B15 2TG, UK